Monday, May 24, 2010

Should I STREAM Pitchers and forefeit ERA/WHIP??

R, HR, RBI, Avg., SB, W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP.





Currently I'm winning R, HR, RBI, SB and K's


My opponent is winning in Avg., W, SV, ERA, WHIP.





he's winning in Ws by only 1 and Saves by only 1.....and we are real tight in ERA/WHIP (we both have around 2.40 ERA and WHIP is close.





he has the following starters for the rest of the week:


Big Z @STL


Dice K vs. NYY


Carmona vs. KC


S. Hill vs. ATL





I have:


King Felix vs. TB


C. James @WAS


M. Cain @SD





The question is, with the guys he has remaining.....will he beat me in ERA/WHIP?





If so should I give up on ERA/WHIP and stream starters Sat and Sun (maybe stream 2 on Sat and 2 on Sun) to get 4 additonal SP. That way I can try and Claim W's and K's???





If I take the Streaming route I could try to win the week 6-4 with victories in R, HR, RBI, SB, W's and K's.





If I DO NOT STREAM.......I would hope for a 6-4 win victories in R, HR, RBI, SB, ERA, WHIP





What do you guys think?





Thanks

Should I STREAM Pitchers and forefeit ERA/WHIP??
ok, two things. one, based on his starters, its hard to figure who will win ERA or Whip with the people you've got up. For example, DiceK might get rocked by a hardhitting Yankee's lineup, or not. Carmona will probably turn in a solid, but Zambrano? your guess is as good as mine, he's been like a roller coaster. You should be safe on K. But there is one thing to remember here. If it ends up 5-5, the first tiebreaker is ERA. If you concede ERA and WHIP, and end up tied, you end up screwed.





What I would suggest is scouring your wire and seeing if Capps (RP-PT) is on it, or Corpas (RP-CO), both have save opportunities available this weekend, and generally closers have low ERA. I picked both of those guys up on waivers this week!! If you can pick up some saves and lower your ERA you should be safe.
Reply:If streaming is the picking up and dropping of starters, I think that strategy is pretty wimpy.


If I am out of contention in a league and I see someone doing that, I drop all my batters to pick up those forgotten starters just for fun to stop that.


By week 22, you should really have a decent team that doesn't require this tactic.

daisy

No comments:

Post a Comment